Blackberry Smoked Habanero Marinated Pork Loin
Smoke chilies with mesquite wood for approximately 4 hours. Peppers should be dehydrated.
- 2, 6 pound pork loins
- 3 whole habaņero chiliesb
- 12 ounce blackberry syrup (pancake style)
- 1/2 pound kiwi fruit, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 pound pineapple, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 pound peaches, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 pound blackberries
Blend peppers with syrup in food processor until completely blended to
make marinade. Place loins in plastic freezer bag with marinade. Set
for 48 hours in refrigerator. Turn to coat at least once every 12
Mix fruit to make salsa. Smoke loins at 225F to 140F internal heat.
Slice pork in 2 ounces medallions, top with salsa or serve remainder on the side.
Recommended Wood: Apple
Yield: 22 portions at 4 oz. each